Here’s everything you need to know about the QBD integration and how it works with the Alternative Payments platform.
Quickbooks Desktop is available for partners to use in conjunction with their Alternative Partner Dashboard to sync invoices to our platform and auto-reconcile invoice payments back to QBD. Once the integration is connected, a dropdown menu will appear in the Integrations section and partners can select the bank account in QBD where they want invoice payments to be recorded. Note, we recommend selecting the same bank account that is connected to Alternative for payouts.
Overview of synced items & frequency
*If the Connector is open. Manual sync also available.
Quickbooks Desktop sync details
|Invoice Status Update
|Invoice statuses updated in QBD will sync to Alternative Payments and vice versa (two-way sync). Note that payment failures will not sync back to QBD and partners must manually revert the status back to unpaid in QBD
|Changes to Unpaid Invoices
|Changes to unpaid invoices (amount and due date) in QBD will sync to Alternative Payments; changes to unpaid invoices in Alternative Payment will not sync back to QBD
|Partial Invoice Payments
|Partial invoice payments on QBD will not be reflected in the invoice amount in Alternative Payments portal (e.g. full amount of the invoice is shown)
|Customer Created in Alternative
|Customers created in Alternative do not sync to QBD
|Invoices Created in Alternative
|Invoices created in Alternative do not sync to QBD. When a payment is received, a stand-alone deposit is created in QBD
|Deleted Invoices and Customers
Invoices deleted in QBD are also archived in the Alternative portal on an hourly basis. Customers deleted in QBD do not sync to QBD. Partner must delete in QBD then archive manually in Alternative.
|No itemized invoice is synced back to Alternative. The recommended implementation for QBD Partners is to add their billing link into the memo field of the QBD invoice template and send it out directly though QBD
How to connect Quickbooks Desktop to your Partner Dashboard
Connect your Quickbooks Desktop to make reconciliation easy by following these steps:
- Click on the integrations section in your Alternative Payments dashboard.
- Select QBD and click ‘Connect’.
- A link will appear under the QBD section. Click on the link and make note of the license key.
- A file will be downloaded to your browser. Click on the download icon within your browser and make sure you open the file location.
- Right-click on the file and then click ‘Run as administrator’
- The download process will begin.
- Paste the license key info from step 3 and click Install. You will then see a green bar showing you the download progress (this might take a few minutes).
- Once this finishes, a license details popup will appear. Click ‘Next’
- Then select the region you are in (US)
- Make sure QBD is open for this step. Click on the check mark at the bottom, ‘ I have verified my QBD data’, then click Next. (If you haven’t verified QBD data ahead of call, verify before proceeding to next step)
- Open your QBD account to verify the company name.
- In the company name section, click ‘Verify.’
- Once it says verified, click ‘Next’ and then a permissions pop-up will appear in QBD. Recommendation is to allow for QBD to sync at all times even when QBD is closed.
- The AP dashboard will then refresh and it will then say Connected.
- The sync process should start (this can take some time depending on how much data). You should see the connector start syncing (fetching customers, fetching invoices etc.) until fully synced. Progress bar will complete and QBD should remain open until the sync finished completely
- Once the sync finishes, you are all set.
- Select Account to record funds deposited. Note: A payment and deposit are created at the same time when a payment is initiated in Alternative. Some partners have raised that this affects their bank balance before the deposit actually lands in their bank account. For partners who don't want this behavior, they can just select the "Undeposited Funds" account and only the payment will be created.
- Invoices will now sync hourly or you can manually sync invoices from your Quickbooks Desktop icon by selecting the Alternative Payments from your Desktop tray icon.